Wednesday, June 11, 2014

E3 Microsoft

I've been an Xbox fan for a long time. Ever since Halo 1 hit the shelves, I've been a big proponent of what that green and black box could do. It was hard to be an M$ fan from the beginning, but they managed to make me a complete convert since the 360. With that said, I've been really hard pressed to make a case for the XBox One.
Everything I've heard about Playstation 4 makes me want to buy one. Everything I've seen and read leads me to believe that the Playstation is the way to go for this generation. Having said that, my allegiance for this generation is still up for grabs. Why? Well.... because I still want to believe in the XBox. I still want to love that big green behemoth and the power it brings to the table. BUT, I know that the PS4 is more powerful, more capable, and more of a gamer machine than than the XBox.

As E3 hits, I've come to a conclusion. Microsoft is going to be playing catch-up to the PS4 for at least a year or so. Goddammit XBOX! I wanted to believe in you, but the hard facts are that the PS4 is the better console gaming platform for 2014 and probably for 2015. As of this writing I'm going to call PS4 as my console for this generation.

With that said, what do you have to do to get me back XBox?
1) Fuck Kinect: You've kind of already done this, but understand that "real" gamers don't want Kinnect. What we want is a console that caters to us and gives us a reason to come back. You didn't do a good job of convincing us that ALWAYS ON XBox was a good thing. Please give us a reason why this is good. STEAM has my allegiance, why don't you?
2) If you really wanted XBOX ONE to give us a steam type environment with special sales, etc. YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT FROM THE BEGINNING. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, MS, but you're failing!
As of this E3, I'm calling it for Sony's Playstation 4. It hurts. But it has to be done.
OK PS 4. Here I come. Treat me nicely...

No comments: